Monday, July 10, 2017

Willow Springs Under Way - - Last Spike

Extra 27 Westbound meets 288 at Willow Springs
Over the last week, I finished the track-work at Willow Springs; the mainline, passing track, and the four spur tracks are all complete. I did choose to use code 70 and adjust the ties to emphasize the difference from mainline trackage on the spurs. The fold up staging is the only remaining track and wiring to complete.

Today, I ran trains, including setting out cars at each of the spurs. The Willow Springs bill boxes still need to be installed, and all the boxes need labeled. While the track-work and the turnout controls mostly worked very smoothly, I did notice a short between the Baldwin switcher's glad hand and the "Y" at the bottom of the "U" which needs my attention. I will have to determine whether the turnout or the glad hand is at fault.

Now, I get to make the big transition from track-work and wiring to scenery and operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment