Friday, September 27, 2024

East Branch Scenery Updates -- Part 4


Here at the eastern end of the East Branch staging yard, the first phase of scenery is complete. Yes, more details could be added such as crossbucks, static grass tufts, and more bushes or shrubs. However, for the first layer, it is complete enough to move on. This scene generates Pacific Northwest atmosphere which is one of my goals. This scene also brings to a successful close the fix or extension to the originally planned staging. The first layer of ground foam and other scenery materials disguises the abrupt foam hillside to some extent. Time to move on!



Here, another section of the East Branch staging module exhibits enough first layer of scenery for me to feel ready to move on. The track is ballasted, the original clearcut area has been expanded, and some texture is applied from the berm and gap in the rear to the front fascia. Another layer of scenery should be applied later, but a foundational level of atmosphere and realism goals are there. Now, I need to get up the gumption to add to the first layer of scenery between these two areas, at least make sure that some texture is applied everywhere beyond painted plywood before I return to the Nooksack module's buildings, scenery, and operations.

In my last post, I discussed long range plans and a desire to improve the surroundings in the basement. While I do want to connect the two first phase finished areas ASAP, my thoughts about the basement were reinforced  when our new cat sitter came by to meet Jane and Gracie yesterday. When we mentioned the trains, she wanted to see them. As the first phase of the 4th Subdivision is coming together and I can take some pride in it,  I fear that the surrounding basement is more than a distraction; it destroys the illusion. Some improvements to the surroundings must be fit into the schedule!


No comments:

Post a Comment