Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Nooksack To-Do List Part 2

 

Nooksack modules on edge on sawhorses


We are into a new year, traditionally a time to re-evaluate goals. A major point of the TOMA approach is to complete a section of model railroad in a timely manner. So one goal is to get moving on Nooksack, the first phase of the 4th Subdivision. Between the basement issues and the holidays, I hit a definite slowdown. Yesterday, Renee helped me lower the sawhorses and bolt on the small bridge module. While up on the sawhorses I can continue finalizing the DCC bus and feeders as well as the switch machine wiring without crawling around on the concrete floor. I might as well install the UTP cab bus panels and run the cab bus now as well. With just a few more hours of work the Nooksack modules will be ready to move into place. 

One of the basement issues, the slow leak in the water pipe over one of the staging locations, was finally repaired. I do have a little more prep work before installing backdrops behind the modules or setting up the DCC in the new location. I am hoping to have the benchwork in place, the backdrops installed, and the wiring to the track operational by the end of January. 

At that point I can move onto the next steps: staging, lighting, scenery and structures, rolling stock, and operations plans. I have some notions for all of these, if not specific detailed plans. Another of my goals (note the reluctance to use the term resolutions) is to post here more frequently . . . perhaps average three times a month rather than two. As I work on these next steps, I will have much to document. 

No comments:

Post a Comment