Once I installed the backdrop, some real progress on the modules is possible, and dare I say it, underway. My wife helped me, and we moved the new module into place on the L-girder ledger and up against the Nooksack section. We got it leveled and clamped it and its leg into place.
Initial Next Steps For New Module
- Shim at ledger corner with Nooksack module
- Bolts at south end
- Holes drilled for DCC bus to attach to circuit breaker
- Double check level and bolt leg
- A couple of screws to attach to L-girder
- Complete mainline track to Nooksack module (gap at joint--new power district)
- Adjust tortoise music wire at turnouts for proper operation
- Double check electrical plan and connect DCC bus
Start Work on Ferndale Junction Module
With the new module up in place, we moved the Ferndale Junction modules to the temporary sawhorse workbench and clamped it up on its side. I hadn't noticed this before, but by turning the module around (the back is now the front) the wire color code is incorrect. My standard is for black to be out towards the aisle and red to be in towards the back of the benchwork. In this section that is reversed.
I don't want to redo the wiring, but I do need to avoid future confusion with the wire colors. I will mark the wires with the correct colored tape. On inspection, I have several other steps that I can complete more easily while the modules are here on the workbench.
- Use red and black electrical tape to mark the existing bus and feeder wires
- Install the frog juicer and connect green feeder wires
- Add a piano hinge to the joint between the two modules
- Add a Euro terminal strip to connect existing feeders to DCC bus at removed programming track switches


No comments:
Post a Comment