In a recent post, I left off undecided about whether to continue with work at the end of Ferndale Junction Yard or to return to infrastructure work. Instead of deciding, I started both. In this past week I became a little bit sidetracked (literally, as I have been putting together the new edition of my NMRA division's newsletter, the Susquehanna Sidetracks). My wife and I were just invited to her brother's last minute vacation in Maine, so both projects will be on hold. I am posting a status report and a punch list, so I'll be ready to resume on our return.
The main infrastructure project that I wanted to work on was to continue with floor painting. I took down the temporary workbench on folding sawhorses and moved the folding cart and storage tubs from under the Nooksack/East Branch section of the railroad. I vacuumed and washed the floor before tackling the painting. Sadly, I don't think that I will get to the second coat before we leave, but it's ready for that second coat and storage organization.
- Prep the turnout
- Solder an extension to the runaround
- Add feeders and fit the runaround
- Decide on technique for drop down track wiring and gaps
- Mind the gap at the power district junction



No comments:
Post a Comment