Monday, July 25, 2022

New Workbench Location: Part Two


Although I haven't unpacked some of the railroad boxes from last year's move, the new workbench location is well under way and inspiring more organization to come. The work order with the electric company  is set for this week, and our crew arrives tomorrow to continue work on upgrading our home's electrical system. After that is completed I can install lighting for the workbench and begin prepping another corner of the basement for the Nooksack sections (first TOMA section).

The "cave" under the basement stairs and landing also needs some additional light source. Since my last post, I installed some shelves and started organizing it as a storage area. I purchased some plastic bins/totes that slide under the stairs and installed a shelf for my tool boxes. One box has evolved to hold electrical and track laying specific tools while the other contained scenery tools over the last few years. I still need to determine whether I will use the bay provided by the cave to hold a larger or smaller rolling cart as I have both options at hand.

While I am fairly deep into the rabbit hole of researching and designing the structure for the Curtis Cannery industry for Nooksack, based on the Kale Cannery of Everson Washington, I suspect that my next post will involve the room preparation for Nooksack to move into place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment